GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
Troctzul
Reaction score
165

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Resources About

  • Been gone for too long. Hopefully my schedule is finally settling down and I can get back to developing more. :D
    FYI, RPGweb blatantly copied this layout for their forums. Soon their army of amateurs will be here to yell about how you ripped them off.
    Cunechan
    Cunechan
    No they aren't, I was just confused in the beginning bc it even were he same descriptions and stuff. Just really liked their old design more and now it feels (at least to me) like it doesn't fit.
    (And the fact that it's the standard xenforo design makes me sad, idk why i thought some things on this site here were created to be unique, idk). But if it has more features it makes sense i guess...
    Cunechan
    Cunechan
    (And i think part of it or the expressions told me it's a joke or not supposed to be taken seriously)
    Troctzul
    Troctzul
    Exactly @Cunechan I was just poking fun. I knew it was only a matter of time before they would end up switching over. What I am simply pointing out is that toxic community would eventually pour over here to argue about their relic of a website. Like even now, instead of taking the joke, people get defensive. There is no harm in a little competition.
    Studying JavaScript on Lynda over the weekend and it is starting to pay off! :D
    Too many RPG Makers are more worried about impressing each other than finding actual players or even completing their project.
    MinisterJay
    MinisterJay
    I agree with your initial statement. Too many devs wanting dev approval instead of making games for people to have fun playing. Different people find enjoyment different ways, so diversifying the theme of each game can help address this.
    Lore
    Lore
    I'm actually notorious for this, but it is something I'm trying to train myself out of.
    Troctzul
    Troctzul
    Don't get me wrong, this mentality is not a terrible one to have for a hobbyist. However, the series is desperately trying to break out of being just a hobby. It is up to the developers now to become serious.
    Reactions: Lore
    Anyone interested in guest blogging for the Guelstie Universe? I will be working to get a team together soon.
    Looking for someone to help make NPCs :P
    Reactions: Lore
    MinisterJay
    MinisterJay
    Facesets? Charsets? SV_Battlers?
    Troctzul
    Troctzul
    I just need facesets and Charsets, as I'm making the main characters and battlers. I don't mind character generator, but it will take a lot of my time to create all the NPCs. Hoping between 20-30 total so there is plenty to go around lol
    Reactions: Lore
    Lore
    Lore
    I can do that if you'd like. Just PM me what you're looking for and I can get started :)
    Think I'll just wrap up a demo for Tamria to get an idea of how I will polish it off.
    Reactions: Cunechan and Lore
    Lore
    Lore
    With game polish! That's how you polish it! I think you can find it next to the left handed screwdrivers and the elbow grease :D >:D >:3
    I don't even know if I'll be able to finish the project without help...
    Reactions: LTN Games and Lore
    Xilefian
    Xilefian
    I can certainly sympathise. Right now it feels like my time is 80% development, 20% company management, but I can't justify getting any extra help because that 20% is sporadically spread across the month and the money gained would not outweigh the costs.
    Xilefian
    Xilefian
    In terms of finance, my company sells technology and services to other studios and that got me into profit immediately, despite planning two years of operation on zero profit. Perhaps selling services is something you could do?
    Troctzul
    Troctzul
    That is actually what I am currently sustaining myself with, professional services locally. However, it is unfortunate that the town I live in is not very... technically inclined. I have been capitalizing on being one of the only web designers in a heavily populated rural area, but the work isn't always there.
    Reactions: Lore
    90% of the code accounts for the first 90% of development time. The remaining 10% of the code accounts for the other 90% of development time
    Honestly, I'm mostly a marketer. I sell things. This takes research and product knowledge. DM me if you want help getting your game noticed.
    I can't go to the "Official" RPGM forums without getting a headache. It's so outdated, cluttered, and virtually impossible to navigate! :(
    Reactions: LTN Games and Lore
    Lore
    Lore
    I agree with the headache part. It's horrible to try and find anything. Besides, I like the darker skin on here :)
    LTN Games
    LTN Games
    I agree @Troctzul , it's a disaster over there and if you're a member they cap your search every 20 seconds, making it impossible to find anything if you make a small typo. The trick is to be a guest, they won't cap the search and you can continually search for resources etc lol. Either way, I prefer this community over most others, it's easy going, and easy to navigate.
    Amysaurus
    Amysaurus
    I think the main problem there is that they have so many topics to cover for one site. They have to handle most of the materials published by Degica, rather than focusing on one version of RM.
    So much to do on the Wiki, but I think I should start with mapping something out :D
    Reactions: LTN Games
    LTN Games
    LTN Games
    I've opened it a few times but because there is literally so much that can be done I get overwhelmed and close it lol.
    Troctzul
    Troctzul
    If we all pitch in a piece, it will be built before we know. :)
    LTN Games
    LTN Games
    Yup, as soon as things start showing up on the wiki I think it will start getting filled up fairly quickly. I'll work on it soon enough, I want to focus on MV's Codebase.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top