1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Within our Resources section we have over 150 Audio files, with room to grow. You may find exactly what you have been looking for. Just CLICK HERE to start your listening adventure.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why would you want to upload your resources directly to RMMV.co? It makes it easier for other members to download them. Click HERE for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Click HERE to see our four new featured resources by TheUnproPro, Starbird, iblamevictoria, and VGM MarkH.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Here are the The Resource Rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Please read these RULES before posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Change Certain Map Part Within Game?

Discussion in 'Visual & Sound Design' started by Arythorn, Oct 11, 2017.

1. OK, let me first clarify I'm not sure whether this needs to be in this section or the scripting section, or both (but posting this twice would seem unreasonable)

If any of you are familiar with the Animal Crossing series, you will be aware of house upgrades, these allow for larger houses and also visual changes to the interior and exterior. I was wondering if such a thing was possible in MV.

Understandable, the interior mapping would be rather easy as it is a separate map to the exterior. The problem lies with the exterior - say the house is in a town, would it be possible to only change that small part of the map, because if you where to change the entire map, then other characters may not behave the same or may even get 'reset' so to speak. I do hope I am making some sense!

My mind has just thought of parallax mapping. Maybe I have solved my own problem... but then again maybe not and someone may have a different solution/answer.

2. I believe there's a "region map loader" plugin that meets your needs.
    Haven't used it myself, but looks like what you need.
    Let's you change specific tiles on the map to different tiles.

3. #3 Arythorn, Oct 12, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    Ah, thank you, I will have to have a look see if I can find anything that works!