1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Within our Resources section we have over 150 Audio files, with room to grow. You may find exactly what you have been looking for. Just CLICK HERE to start your listening adventure.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why would you want to upload your resources directly to RMMV.co? It makes it easier for other members to download them. Click HERE for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Click HERE to see our four new featured resources by TheUnproPro, Starbird, iblamevictoria, and VGM MarkH.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Here are the The Resource Rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Please read these RULES before posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Changing Conversations to PMs?

Discussion in 'FORUM Feedback, Suggestions, and Help' started by Xyphien, Jan 18, 2017.

?

Change "Conversations" to "PMs"

1. Yes, Change it to PMs!

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. No, keep it Conversations.

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. If you go to your Mail Box on the forums, or send someone mail it reads "Start a Conversation" or "Conversations". It was brought up to me by a user that this is misleading, and having it changed to "Send a PM" as well as "PMs" would help out a lot, and make things clearer as that's the norm for most websites these days. (I can always do DMs so we all can slide into DMs rofl)

As depicted in the picture below:

upload_2017-1-18_21-2-6.png upload_2017-1-18_21-2-14.png

Ignore the picture, it's just my animated background on my second screen (I'm too lazy to remove it right now)

So, once again, how would you all like to see Conversations changed to PMs? Vote for it, and within 7 days of the polls being up I'll either keep it as it is, or Change it to PMs

2. i don't care much whether it's pms or conversations to be honest since I don't really find it misleading, but maybe we could change this icon of it next to the alerts? maybe it's just me, but it looks like a download button/icon or such xD

ot: you even have way more tabs opened than me xD My friends really shouldn't complain about the amount

3. I like the conversations title. It sounds more unique.

4. I've reopened the poll another week if you'd like to vote. I feel that only having it for one week wasn't the best thing and the 2 comments have been either not caring or wanting to keep it.

5. Off topic, but Xyphien you can hold Alt and then hit PrtScn on Windows to take a screenshot of a just a window, then you wouldn't need to spend any time to crop any of the image.

PMs is historically the terminology used. Conversations would be the modern, user-friendly version, however saying that - this is a forum about game development, it's going to attract technically minded people, not social-media influenced people, so I believe in this case PMs is the less confusing, more-familiar option and Conversations is the weird option that doesn't fully describe the behaviour.

The fact that the P in PM means "private" is important. Conversations, to me, is ambiguous - it could be a public conversation between two users that anyone can see, it could be a voice-chat, it could be a short-summary of all the interactions you've had on the forum with other users, it doesn't hold the same definitive description as "Private Message".

6. [​IMG]

This will save me so much time in the future!

Very valid points, and thus far it looks like the general community feel the same way as you do :) Though it's a pretty close race.