DemiCardGame

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Website
www.Xyphien.com
Logosmall.png
header.png

So, I'm making a card game, and would like some constructive criticism on it if at all possible :) I don't have much done on the game yet. Only 6 god cards out of 9 finished for the starter decks.

Greek-Deck.png Norse-Deck.png
Egyptian-Deck.png

Last edited:

Lore

Resident Dragon
Looks like an interesting concept. What sort of feedback would you like?

KaineOfElderon

Towns Guard
Could be an interesting game. Not my cup of tea but I am sure given all the card games out there that it would draw some interest. The card graphics are really good, do love the look of them

Azdak

Villager
I enjoy a good card game. I've played the Skyrim card game, pokemon, gwent on witcher 3, star trek and a few others.

Do the cards have health and attack?
Do they have weaknesses? (Would Poseidon deal extra damage to Thor?)
What does the middle number represent?

I like the idea of a god card game. I love Norse mythology! (Loki is one of my favourites :)

(Also I'm sure you all ready know, but the Zeus card talks about Baldur at the bottom of his card.

Love the art work, did you do that your self?

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Website
www.Xyphien.com
I enjoy a good card game. I've played the Skyrim card game, pokemon, gwent on witcher 3, star trek and a few others.

Do the cards have health and attack?
Do they have weaknesses? (Would Poseidon deal extra damage to Thor?)
What does the middle number represent?

I like the idea of a god card game. I love Norse mythology! (Loki is one of my favourites :)

(Also I'm sure you all ready know, but the Zeus card talks about Baldur at the bottom of his card.

Love the art work, did you do that your self?
They only have Power (The middle number) the card game is pretty simplistic, but has a lot of strategy involved despite that. You only have power on your cards No health, etc. The way you destroy another creature is with higher power. You can increase this using Prayer and Vain cards, as well as defending attacks using Worshiper Cards.

The cards shown above are extremely outdated. As of now multiple things have changed with the card game from this original post :)

Here are some updated cards. (Blue = Norse, Red = Greek) Thus far the Greek deck is completely finished, and the Norse deck is about half way.

(Click to enlarge)
Eikthyrnir.png Berserker.png Ratatoskr.png Eudaemon.png Eschatology.png Aether.png

Azdak

Villager
There is certainly nothing wrong with keeping things simple, I think the middle number being the attack and the health would work.
(If I attack a "monster" that has 4 power, and I have a 5 power "monster" would that make my "monster" have 1 power left?)
I like that you have "Prayer and Vain cards" ("action cards"), they can spice up a game so much!

I'm loving the cards you posted.
The Eikthyrni card is beautiful! and I think the Ratatoskr card is very cute! It's always nice to have cute "monsters".
( I've made decks before with nothing but small cute "monsters":)

It also seems quite educational as well, so that gets a big thumbs up with me!

I would defiantly play and try this game if I saw it on steam .

If I was to play I would pick Norse every time! OOOOOOOO-ODIN!
(and his ravens) :D

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Website
www.Xyphien.com
There is certainly nothing wrong with keeping things simple, I think the middle number being the attack and the health would work.
(If I attack a "monster" that has 4 power, and I have a 5 power "monster" would that make my "monster" have 1 power left?)
I like that you have "Prayer and Vain cards" ("action cards"), they can spice up a game so much!

I'm loving the cards you posted.
The Eikthyrni card is beautiful! and I think the Ratatoskr card is very cute! It's always nice to have cute "monsters".
( I've made decks before with nothing but small cute "monsters":)

It also seems quite educational as well, so that gets a big thumbs up with me!

I would defiantly play and try this game if I saw it on steam .

If I was to play I would pick Norse every time! OOOOOOOO-ODIN!
(and his ravens) :D
Once you destroy a monster you keep your power the same. I found that in doing that it makes calculating everything a lot simple. I want this to be something anyone can pick up and be able to play off the bat. There is a counter feature for attacking though, you can chose to take the attack directly. Which will give the enemy a lot of extra points (Called Followers) The goal is to hit 20 million followers. You start out at 0 and each point is valued in incremental of 1 million. Meaning, the simplified version you have to get 20 points in order to win. You can find the whole rules listed here: https://demicardgame.com/about-the-game/ :)