1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Within our Resources section we have over 150 Audio files, with room to grow. You may find exactly what you have been looking for. Just CLICK HERE to start your listening adventure.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why would you want to upload your resources directly to RMMV.co? It makes it easier for other members to download them. Click HERE for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Click HERE to see our four new featured resources by TheUnproPro, Starbird, iblamevictoria, and VGM MarkH.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Here are the The Resource Rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Please read these RULES before posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi... err, where do I start???

Discussion in 'Member Introductions and Goodbyes' started by WolfyAU82, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Hi guys Wolfy here,

I'm new to both RPG Maker and the development side of computer games - granted I have dabbled in a bit of content creation experimenting with a few IdTech 1 (Doom, Hexen, Strife, etc.) level editors, but I've never made any serious attempts into game design until picked up MV on Steam.

A bit about myself...

For starters, I can be quite the introvert and I have been described as having eclectic tastes. I enjoy listening to rock, metal and classical music with a bit of electronica on the side. As for movies and TV shows go I enjoy action, thriller, comedy, science fiction and fantasy. Hobby-wise, I enjoy playing cuesports (Snooker and British Eightball / Blackball in particular), basketball, martial arts and a bit of chess.

As for my gaming history...

I enjoy playing both computer and table-top games as my tastes range from action / adventure to strategy as well as hearty dose of roleplaying games.

First computer gaming experience was the 1983 Atari 2600 release of Galaxian when I was about four years - ever since then I've thoroughly enjoyed shooters like Space Invaders, Raptor: Call of the Shadows Raiden and Tyrian as well as Doom, Quake, Unreal and Half-Life. Growing up I quite often got stuck into point 'n click adventure games from both the Sierra and Lucas Arts libraries as well as playing a lot of simulation games. As for my experience with RPGs you can add The Elder Scrolls (Chapters 1 - 5 on PC with recent three on major consoles), SMT: Persona (3,4 and 5 mostly), Etrian Odyssey: Untold series as well as few of the games produced by Brian Fargo (Interplay and InExile RPGs) and a table-top campaign of Star Wars: Edge of the Empire.

My experience with RPG Maker...

Picked up my copy during a Steam sale a few years back and have only poked around with the bare basics of MV. Picked up FES on release to get a better feel for RPG Maker in general - never really got any projects off the ground, but did manage to bring a couple of half-fleshed out ideas to life for a brief moment. Right now, I'm trying the learning as I work approach with a project where I'm currently experimenting with the concept of a realistic-ish alcohol effects - chalk that up down to playing a session in Elder Scrolls with a friend where hit the pubs hard and tried to get out characters drunk.

Anyway,

A not quite so brief introduction, I suppose.