Game Dev Contest
Join in on the Game Development contest with over $300 in prizes!
Banner Creation Contest!
Help the community out by creating your own version of the banner, and potentially having that as the main banner!
Resources
Check out our resources :D
Upgrade your account
Help out the community, and keep the website running and fully up to date by donating! :D

Iris-In/Out Scene Transitions?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
RM Skill
Writer
I was wondering if there was a way to make scene or map transitions like in some older movies where a black screen with a round hole in the middle would close around a scene and then the next scene would be the reverse. In film, it's called iris-in and iris-out. Can you do something like that in MV? (Besides doing that, I also want to open a scene with a pair of eyes opening, like the iris in/out, but with a pair.)

Starbird

Praised Adventurer
Resource Team
RM Skill
Pixel Artist
is a 5 picture overlay sequence too clunky for your purposes? are you looking for a pixi.js solution?

RM Skill
Writer
I had thought of just doing an overlay but wasn't sure how that would end up looking. I was going to play around with it when I had time. I wasn't sure if there was a better way of doing animated overlays or whatever you'd call it. I actually spent some time trying to make a 2.5D maze using pictures and realized that it would take me way too long to make all the pictures for that. I'm not sure why I thought that would be a good idea. XD