Game Dev Contest
Join in on the Game Development contest with over $300 in prizes!
Banner Creation Contest!
Help the community out by creating your own version of the banner, and potentially having that as the main banner!
Resources
Check out our resources :D
Upgrade your account
Help out the community, and keep the website running and fully up to date by donating! :D

Large Description for Items

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jaye

Villager
RM Skill
Designer
I am trying to create a small code that will allow a larger description for items and etc via notebox in the database. Does anyone know how to do this?

Boy Who Codes

Praised Adventurer
RM Skill
Scripter
Where would the extended description be displayed?

jaye

Villager
RM Skill
Designer
Where would the extended description be displayed?
I was creating a custom item menu scene, and I was trying to create a custom window that displayed the help information.

Boy Who Codes

Praised Adventurer
RM Skill
Scripter
If so, you can make the notebox value in a variable set as strings. Then access those via the window where you want them displayed. You can always go with checking the beginning tag, and then the ending tag. Any value after those tags would be the string description you want.

Ex:

<itemDescription>
The silver sword maybe an ordinary battle weapon, but in the face of a vampire, any silver made weapon induces deadlier strikes.
</itemDescription>

In this, all you have to do is detect the tag of <itemDescription> and </itemDescription>, so any value inside those close tags would be placed in a new variable where you would of course draw the text in on the custom window.

jaye

Villager
RM Skill
Designer
If so, you can make the notebox value in a variable set as strings. Then access those via the window where you want them displayed. You can always go with checking the beginning tag, and then the ending tag. Any value after those tags would be the string description you want.

Ex:

<itemDescription>
The silver sword maybe an ordinary battle weapon, but in the face of a vampire, any silver made weapon induces deadlier strikes.
</itemDescription>

In this, all you have to do is detect the tag of <itemDescription> and </itemDescription>, so any value inside those close tags would be placed in a new variable where you would of course draw the text in on the custom window.
Oh. Ok. Thank you so much! It sounds simpler than I was making it. Lol.

Aika

NPC
RM Skill
Gamer
It may sound stupid, but I really would benefit a plugin like that :/ the only things I found are for Ace, and I know 0 Java, so I can't really make it myself with my knowledge :/ could you perhaps lend me a hand, if you already have something like that? I hope to not create problems just asking away...

Picture below showing the issue. All things are placeholders, but give the idea of the problem.
(A weapon picture could be a nice addition too (?))

Attachments