Game Dev Contest
Join in on the Game Development contest with over $300 in prizes!
Banner Creation Contest!
Help the community out by creating your own version of the banner, and potentially having that as the main banner!
Resources
Check out our resources :D
Upgrade your account
Help out the community, and keep the website running and fully up to date by donating! :D

Move Ask Me Anything out of Introductions and Goodbyes

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Xilefian

Adventurer
RM Skill
I noticed that a high number of new users are posting simple, introductory posts into the Ask Me Anything sub-forum.

Their intention may be to post a valid AMA thread, but there is some ambiguity in the usage here. I think the description "All AMA posts go here. Get to know your fellow members a lot better!" confounds the issue further.

If any AMA post is a first post with "Hello, I'm new" then I think a failure has happened - otherwise, we might as well get rid of the Member Introductions and Goodbyes section entirely and merge all the posts into Ask Me Anything.

I think the solution is to move the Ask Me Anything sub-forum out of Member Introductions and Goodbyes and put it in the Community Center along side it, so when new members click on the "Member Introductions and Goodbyes" they are not confused by being presented with any further sub-forums.

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
RM Skill
Gamer
Bloop. Done :) Though now it's side by side the Member Introduction, so I just hope it doesn't confuse people even further.

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RM Skill
Designer
I appreciate the move too. :)