1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Within our Resources section we have over 150 Audio files, with room to grow. You may find exactly what you have been looking for. Just CLICK HERE to start your listening adventure.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why would you want to upload your resources directly to RMMV.co? It makes it easier for other members to download them. Click HERE for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Click HERE to see our four new featured resources by TheUnproPro, Starbird, iblamevictoria, and VGM MarkH.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Here are the The Resource Rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Please read these RULES before posting.
    Dismiss Notice

MV Proximity-Based Event Fading

Discussion in 'Javascript & Event Design' started by Goldblaze, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Hi,
    I've been to figure out how to make a system that will fade in events seamlessly as the player gets within a certain radius of them. An example would be a platform that would fade in when the player is within 3 tiles of that event, and when the player moves out of that range, the event fades out to complete transparency.

The reason I ask is because I've been trying to make a sort of maze where you can only see the tiles that are close to you, I was wondering if there would be any way to event this, or code it in JS.

Thanks in advance,
    Goldblaze :)

2. There are plugins to do this with a light source. Maybe one of them would let you do it without a light source?

3. #3 mobiusclimber, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018