Non-commercial RPG Maker games that you really enjoyed playing.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Zackleaynts

Villager
Been a long while since the last time I was really absorbed playing an RPG Maker game..these are what I could recall that I enjoyed so much playing. I'm pretty sure there were more, but for the time being, these are what I'll write about for now. Ordered from the least interesting to me to the most interesting..

6) Legionwood: Tale of the Two Swords by Dark Gaia
- A standard JRPG with a lot of cliches but done attractively. Its X factors are the story, dialogues and skill customisation. I would pay for it just to play this again. 7/10

5) Tales of Drunken Paladin Book 3 by DrunkenPaladin
- Clearly not meant for those below age of 13. Good story, and humorously used foul language. 7/10

4) Amulet of Athos: Legend of the Sarian Knights by cant-remember-by-whom
- It wasn't ever finished, at least to my knowledge. The demo was pretty solid with dark gritty story and excellent combat. 7/10

3) Lost Heaven by Ashvir
- Very good story, using the-always-liked Ragnarok Online sprites as battlers. The characters are pretty elaborated deeply. Too bad it was also not completed and was abandoned shortly after its lengthy demo release. 7.5//10

2) The Cartographer and The Cartographer 2 by Avadan
- To me, story-wise and design-wise, these are one of the best non-commercial RPG Maker games ever made.
You aren't pushed to saving-the-world conflict head on, just some innkeeper guy who's out to do some errand just to save his inn. The design is very simple, yet very appealing. Dialogue's not moodily tense but very relatable. Cartographer 1 was complete and I beaten it several times. The sequel was pretty good too but too bad it was never completed, at least in my knowledge. I would pay for it just to play this again. 8/10

1) Twice Upon A Hero by Lunarea
- Story is good, dialogue is good, the only thing that made this better than Cartographer is its mapping. Dayuum those tiles and maps are very beautiful! It's been on hiatus for over two years, dunno if the creator's still working on it or not. 8.5/10

Last edited:

SalmonWine

Lord of Memes
I LOVE Cartographer and Tales of Drunken Paladin!

A game I would very much suggest you play is BLANK. The dev, King Sangos, is a friend of mine who lots of work into it. It was his first game and my lord is it amazing. The mapping is cool because its done in the style of Pokemon, but character and enemy sprites are very much like OFF. Sangos actually drew the avatar Im using!

It's free and the version 1.2 patch came out a couple weeks ago.

Zackleaynts

Villager
I LOVE Cartographer and Tales of Drunken Paladin!

A game I would very much suggest you play is BLANK. The dev, King Sangos, is a friend of mine who lots of work into it. It was his first game and my lord is it amazing. The mapping is cool because its done in the style of Pokemon, but character and enemy sprites are very much like OFF. Sangos actually drew the avatar Im using!

It's free and the version 1.2 patch came out a couple weeks ago.

Okay, Yon, I'll check it out.