1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Within our Resources section we have over 150 Audio files, with room to grow. You may find exactly what you have been looking for. Just CLICK HERE to start your listening adventure.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why would you want to upload your resources directly to RMMV.co? It makes it easier for other members to download them. Click HERE for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Click HERE to see our four new featured resources by TheUnproPro, Starbird, iblamevictoria, and VGM MarkH.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Here are the The Resource Rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Please read these RULES before posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Resource Rules

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements' started by Xyphien, Oct 11, 2015.

Tags:
  1. #1 Xyphien, Oct 11, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    The following rules must be kept in mind when posting resources. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Resource Rules:

1. Be sure to include the following with your resource(s):
    * A brief description of your resource and how to use it.
    * Terms of Use (What users can, and cannot do with your product)
    * At least one screenshot, if applicable
    * A list of credits, if applicable.
    * (Optional) A 96x96 icon for the resource.

2. Post your resource(s) in the correct section:
    * Character sprites go in Characters, non-MV resources go in Non-MV Resources, etc.

3. Do not post updates as a new resource:
    * If you need to add an update, use the Post Resource Update option on its resource page.

4. Do not steal or plagiarize another creator's work:
    * Do not post or upload another person’s work without their permission (this includes any edits to their work).
    * Do not claim another person's work as your own.
    * Do not post resources ripped from commercial games or resource packs (including non-RM ones) without permission.

5. When including an external download link:
    * Do NOT upload using an Adfly or similar service. Many of these links can be harmful or blocked by web browsers.

6. Do not abuse the rating system:
    * Do not be excessively crude or negative when leaving a comment. Constructive criticism is fine, but abuse or trolling will not be tolerated.

For Commercial Resources:
    1. Commercial resources must be sent to @Xyphien for prior approval before being accepted.
    * If your resource is found to be fraudulent/inaccurate, you could face being permanently banned.

2. RTP Edits cannot be sold as a resource:
    * This is illegal, and against RPG Maker's EULA. Breaking this rule knowingly is an instant ban.

3. When purchasing a resource:
    * For the best protection, select PayPal as your payment option. Doing so will allow you to request a refund, or report a user that has uploaded a fraudulent resource.
    * If you discover that a resource is fraudulent, please report the resource and user to the staff.

Terms of Use:
    CC = Creative Commons License.
    * Resources with this label must be credited using terms the uploader has provided for you. Ex. "Must include my name and the plugin’s name in credits, as well as include a link to my original post”. (Not for commercial use)
    NLB = No Link Back.
    * Meaning you can use this resource without putting any credit in there whatsoever. (Not for commercial use)
    FCU = For Commercial Use.
    * Resources with this label may be included in commercial products. You still must read to see if the resource owner requires any link backs, credit, etc.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. @Xyphien If I have a resource to be used in MV, that I would like to share, in resources, but it has one part that was borrowed from XP, do I have to put it in non-MV resources. I modified a resource that BenBen and Mack made, and the trunk is from XP.

3. Does it have the pixel size for mv ? I think it depends on that since mv has bigger sizes than xp and vx. If it's usable for mv you should post it in the mv section, shouldn't you? Pls correct me if I'm wrong :)

4. @Cunechan , Your questioning reminded me to add one fact. It is a parallax mapping resource. It could fit into a special made tileset. I use 48 X 48 grids when modifying or creating a resource. These trees can work with both parallax and with a little work regular mapping.

5. If your resource works, and complies with MV without having to readjust anything than it would fall under MV. So, if you took the XP character, and re-made him in MV you'd put it under MV, and simply give credit to XP for using their character.

6. I've seen this a bit in the last few days, so just a reminder for everyone: We do not support the use of ripped resources here. Any resources taken from existing games will be deleted. (smile)

7. I've been trying to put a download link directly on the site, but it's not letting me. Keeps giving me an error message. I think its because I'm zipping with WinZip. What should I use to make it work with this site, or does it not matter and I just have bad luck. :P

8. @Xyphien it is not uncommon for people to require credit when posting commercial and paid resources (as the artist who made it still deserves credit), unless I've misread that bit... in which case, I apologize.

9. I'm unsure as to what you're referring too, if you could quote it, and or explain differently to help me out, that'd be great :)

10. Thanks for the rules~

11. I just found out that when posting and update we need to name the update the same file name. After asking about updating files and looking i was not told or saw that the name needed to be the same. Can you post this in the rules so that other will know about this.

12. In order for the resource to update, the version # cannot be the same, so if it's v1.0 you have to put v1.1 or v1.0b etc, otherwise the resource won't update properly.

It mentions this in a strange way but it is there. Basically if you don't change the version number or don't put a new one in the resource will not be updated.
    Screenshot_1.png

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. i did do that i put AdvShipv5 should i have put AdvShipV5.0 in the zip name and the string as well. sorry i am new hear. but when i ask, dont remember what staff i ask but was not told. Thanks for the info.

14. Sounds pretty clear, I like the edit that is put into the post, it makes the post even more riveting.

15. Hey guys! I went ahead and updated this page to be more streamlined (and match our color scheme better!). The rules are very much the same besides the following additions:

5. When including an external download link:
    * Do NOT upload using an Adfly or similar service. Many of these links can be harmful or blocked by web browsers.

6. Do not abuse the rating system:
    * Do not be excessively crude or negative when leaving a comment. Constructive criticism is fine, but abuse or trolling will not be tolerated.