- Jul 7, 2018
You wake up in a foggy haze with one hell of a headache. The way ahead is dark and foreboding. You remember who you are, but not a lick of how you got there. And to top it all off, you’ve got a persistent, bloodthirsty doppelgänger chasing after you.
Welcome to your coma - enjoy your stay!
SHE DREAMS ELSEWHERE is a surreal adventure JRPG about dreams and the extent to which they mirror reality. You play as Thalia Sullivan, a high strung, anxiety-ridden, comatose woman on a journey to defeat the nightmares preventing her awakening, while also finding out how exactly this mess happened in the first place.
Unfortunately, some nightmares are harder to confront than others…
- A deeply personal narrative with heavy themes and a rich personality of its own
- A surreal, visually-striking world brimming with mystery that begs you to explore its every detail
- An easy to learn, yet difficult to master turn-based battle system that pits you against a variety of nightmarish beings
- Customize your characters with the “Mask” and “Charm” systems, allowing for a wealth of different playstyles and battle strategies
- Status ailments that can be used and abused with every enemy, bosses included – but be warned; if you’re not careful, they can devastate you just as easily…
- Three difficulty modes for those who want to simply experience the story (Easy), face a true challenge (Normal) or have their limits pushed to the edge (Nightmare)
- Optional “New Game Plus” and “Developer Commentary” modes
- A original, ethereal soundtrack (composed by Mimi Page)
Twitter | Facebook | Website | Instagram | Wishlist on STEAM
Thank you so much for checking out the game! I've been working on this mostly solo for the past 2.5 years and I can't wait for you all to experience it. If you like what you see, drop a line and let me know! It'd also be great if you could show you support by following any social media channels, sharing with friends, or anything else that comes to mind.
More to come soon... stay tuned! :)